Thursday, October 28, 2010

Only what's done for Christ will last!!!

Well, I'm in the middle of my last chemo session. I have one more bag to go and then I'm done. This week was filled with tests from the Lord. Last Saturday I noticed a new lump on my neck and then that night was vommitting. Also for the past couple of weeks I've had severe back pain. Both issues caused a lot of pressure to be put on my mind.

When I came into the hospital this time, they wanted to put me in the "death room"-10234, where I got my fever, my C-Diff, and where I was sent to the ICU from. I said, no way and waited 5 hours in the cancer resource library until my new room was ready, which ended up being the "deluxe sweet" of the cancer ward-10230. Complete with counter space, a closet, 2 guest beds, and a dining room table with chairs. The first praise of the night.

I had many friends visit and had lots of fun. The following day was filled with tests and trials. The doctor told me that it was possible to grow a new tumor while in chemo. This led me to fits of emotional distress as I contemplated this entire trial starting over again. Long story, short, it was a long day.

Wednesday, I got my CT scan results back, they were clear. No more cancer. :) I also had my MRI which I found out today was also clear. Just some mild damage, but nothing that would cause immediate surgery. I am so happy that this trial is coming to an end. It's not that I would not go through it again for Christ, b/c Tuesday showed me that I would. But I look forward to once again serving the kingdom. It brings me such joy to know that because of this trial I can now serve the body, so much better.

Thank you everyone. Your prayers have been heard. I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. I also praise the Lord that your trial is nearing an end. How much more strengthened you will be to serve your King until you can finally rest and be with Him at the end of your life. I'm so grateful for you, sister! How much more real this Bible verse must seem to you now:

    1 Peter 1
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
    6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen[a] you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

    ReplyDelete