Thursday, October 7, 2010

In and Out then In again

I got out. Last week. It took me till Sunday to recover. Then on Monday I got broncitus and was still on shots for the WBC which were low till today. I asked my doctor if we could do the last chemotherapy session on November 1st and he said "yes". I want to go to the Harvest Festival at my church. It's important to me.

Well, here's the good news blog readers. The cat scan said the tumors are gone. We are now poisoning the leftover cancer "sprinkles" as I call them. This 6th chemo treatment will Lord willing be my last chemo treatment. I am so thankful, surprised, and grateful that the Lord has led me through this trial. It was not easy and there are many times when I thought I would just die, but I didn't die, I survived, praise the Lord and I thank Him that He did this for me. That He gave me cancer.

Most of this trial, I have just seen my overwhelming depravity in spite of God's grace toward me. There have been some times when I have seen the changes God has done in me. He has worked in so many sins in my life: my pride, thankfulness, complaining, repentance, endurance, faithfulness, perserverence, encouragement, prayer and other things.

I pray all of this will be used to shape me into a sharp sword to be used to pierce the hearts of Guatemala with the word of God.

Praise Christ. May He be forever glorified. He took me through this trial still faithful to Him. Praise Him. Praise Him. Praise Him.

Amen!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leah what a wonderful testimony...of our sinful nature, but even more so of God's overwhelming, completely undeserved, absolutely amazing and glorious GRACE!!! Praise be to God that He has brought you through this trial, still clinging to that old rugged Cross. Hallelujah! You are fighting the good fight, little sister! God bless you and be with you as you continue on this journey. We are Sojourners and Pilgrims in this land...on our way to our Heavenly Home! Ahhhhh, i can't WAIT!!! <3

    ReplyDelete