Friday, September 24, 2010

Happy to Be here

In my first day of chemo. Got here at 8am. Already witnessed to 5 nurses and a chaplain!!! PTL!!! So far so good. On drugs but also have good morale. Had Sam and Nanc with me. Gena was here earlier too. I'm happy, even though I'm going through this. :D We're looking through pics from Cali, TX, NM, and GUA. Yay!! Nanc is sleeping over. Her and Sam are staying with me tomorrow too.

I got good news. I'm on "probational remission" meaning that the cancer is beyond the view of the scan. This means that the cancer cells are now microscopic. The doctor said that I would probably only need 1 more session of chemo after this one to make sure that we sweep up the rest, but he thinking that having an additional 3 sessions would just be too much damage for my body to handle. Praise the Lord!! This means I might be done by October.

In other news:
-I am back at UCF taking three classes and having to do an additional 45 hours of service learning including Junior Achievement.
-I'm taking the Biblical Counseling class at church.
-I just went, last weekend, to the NANC conference in Jacksonville, FL. I have two more training conferences. One in Oct. and Nov.
-I'm going back to work.
-I'm going to see Jess soon. :)
-I had a chocolate chip cookie and chocolate ice cream tonight :D YAY!!!

I am so happy to be here, in the hospital, as a child of God. I'm grateful to have the means at my disposal to preach the gospel, be a good witness, grow closer to my families, and have down time to reflect on my ways. I feel unworthy to share sufferings with Christ. And pray that in my next trial I will glorify Christ and not forget the many lessons I have learned in the midst of this trial over the last 6 months.

"It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I may learn Your statutes. The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of coins of gold and silver. Your hands have made me and fashioned me; give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments. Those who fear You will be glad when they see me, because I have hoped in Your word. I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to Your word to Your servant. Let Your tender mercies come to me, that I may live; for Your law is my delight." Ps. 119:71-77

May this always be true in my heart and my life and in yours. For Christ knows every secret thing. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment