Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm sorry

I'm sorry I don't write as often as I should. I have a very slow computer that takes patience to work with. To give some updates, I am feeling better than last week, but I do have a headache that won't go away. I've taken two extra strength tylenol to try and help it, but it doesn't work.

I saw the oncologist on Wednesday and he said he was very happy with me. That I did well with the chemo and the cancer seems to be responding and shrinking. Presently my blood counts look good and he has me scheduled to go back to the hospital at the end of the month. I will be spending my birthday in the hospital, but that's ok since I can't eat cake anyways. All chemo and recovery will be in the hospital b/c hyper vad c is just to strong to do outpatient.

My grandma and john were both here for three days. They were a huge financial blessing and it was nice to have their company. My only complaint would be that I hate being pitied. Also this past week, a momentous occasion occured. I shaved my head. I have about an inch of hair now of what is left of it. After pulling it out for a week, I got sick of it. If you see any pictures of me, just know I'm wearing a wig. It's kind of werid, but you get over it.

Friday was the "single's night out" at church. It was lots of fun and the food was good. I'm glad I was able to go. Then Saturday, I went to evangelism and talked to an old friend. She's heard the gospel so many times, I've lost count. But even staring at me with cancer, she refused to repent of her sins. It was really sad.

Yesterday was church. Pastor preached a very convicting sermon. Unfortunately during the sermon I felt sick. I was able to sit through it, but not without a headache, light-headedness, and the chills.

I have a appt. at the cancer institute tomorrow for blood work. I'll have to tell them about my symptoms. I hope they don't send me back to the hospital.

That's all for now. Have lots of errands to run. Think I should lay down first.

No comments:

Post a Comment